children yogurt versus regular yogurt?

is there a big difference between "children yogurt" and "regular yogurt? or like with many things, just the packaging?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I've noticed that the kid's yogurt has more sugar in it. That's about it. Also the packaging and price (gotta pay more for the Trix Bunny and Dora!).
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• MORE sugar? I wrote in my OP but erased it....that I would assume it has "less sugar" but I can see Trix yogurt having a lot of sugar and probably no cultures.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Cost. Some of the kids yogurt have horrid colors that stain kids faces and clothes. Kefir is a good alternative. It is like liquid yogurt and has more probiotics. It comes in quart bottles so you can use the amount that you want and there is less packaging. It's been around for years, my oldest is 30 and my kids used to love it. I drink it and now my toddler grandson likes it. You could feed it to younger toddlers with a spoon or add it to mashed fruit like bananas. People with lactose intollerance may be able to drink it with no problems. I get it at a health food grocery store where I do most my shopping. You can even make it yourself.

http://www.kefir.net/

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I used to drink kefir when I was a kid :)
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• "Children's" yogurt may have more sugar/dyes in it to make it more appealing to a child. Read the labels and compare them - the Trix yogurt contains many things I can't even pronounce! I buy Stonyfield Farms organic children's yogurt, it is a bit sweeter and has a higher fat content than the adult version.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It depends on the brand. Look at the packaging and compare what it says on the label.........
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I just get ordinary vanilla yogurt and add fruit and stuff to it. I think it tastes much better that way.

Some of those crazy kids yogurts look downright radioactive, which is probably why they're so appealing to little kids.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 1:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• we get organic yogurt for the kids. it has no chemicals in it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2010