Helps Around the House, or Couch Potato

My husband does his manly things and gets them done when they need done. Watches his sports and gets a night in with the guys now and then. I don't really consider him a couch potato. How about you? I'd much rather have a helper, but I also want him to have time for himself and his family.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in

• My DH balances really well - even though he is much more of a "do-er" than a couch potato. He likes including all of the kids in on his projects, so he is multi-tasking :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My 1st husband was the type to get bored and clean or want to cook dinner but then had his days where he watched TV 8 hours straight.
    My current husband is old fashioned and feels women take care of the inside and men take care of the outside. but when he is laid off in the winter he is expected to help out. but when he is working if he just picks up after himself then I don't mind doing the cleaning afterall that is my job as a sahm
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I want him to do what I need him to do and then get out of my way! Every once in a while, my SO gets it in his head that he needs to help with the laundry! The laundry is my chore that I don't want help with. Do the dishes or dust the living room, leave the laundry alone!!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• mostly couch potato, but he does help some
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• mine is often a coach potatoe but lately he has been helping more =)
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• he's a helper
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• couch potato,,

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 2:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• In our early years he was definitely a couch potato. It took a while, but I finally got him trained...then he flipped the script, and turned OCD on me! I guess I deserved it! lol
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Umm he's both, but more of a couch potato
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Mostly help around the house.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2010