Is it wrong of me?

Okay my bf wants to know what I am doing all the time. Not into all the detail but like where I am and stuff and what I am doing. He says he asks because he wants to know that I am safe. What do you think?

teddybear3163

Asked by teddybear3163 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I think he's a control freak. You are a grown woman and know how to go to safe places.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• HE DONT TRUST YOU !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 1:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It sounds like he may not trust you, or has been hurt before and has a hard time trusting in general. Have you talked to him about how it makes you feel?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It may be that he just wants to make sure your safe. If he doesn't get into wanting to know all the details, I think it's sweet. My SO and me went through this but I'm the one that wants to know where he is. I was raised that someone knows where you are at all times, just in case something happens. Not to the point of control freak, just when he leaves I ask "Where are you going?" Don't just say "See you later."

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yeah I have talked to him about it and he just says that he just wants to make sure that I am safe and all that. He doesn't care who I am hanging out with or anything when he asks its not like he is searching for answers he just brings it up like. What are you going to do today, or what are you up to?

Does that make sense?
    teddybear3163

Comment by teddybear3163 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• UH! Being married for 12 years now my dh STILL does this sometimes it bothers me and sometimes it doesn't but I finally came to the conclusion that he just wants to know we are safe. but in the beginning of the relationship it was more like control. I did have a talk with him about it though so he knows. Only you know how he really is use your judgement. in a way it's good makes you feel so much loved but damn sometimes you just want a breather. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I used to know how that was until I started going whereever I wanted because I asked him after 10 years what have I dne to make you not trust me. You should sit down and have a serious discusiion about trust and make your feelings known. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• we have had talks about it and he just sticks with what he told me he doesn't care what I do or who I am with or anything like that just wants to know so he doesn't worry about me.
    teddybear3163

Comment by teddybear3163 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I think its just common courtesy to let someone know where you'll be when you leave regardless of who that person is to you. If he's not asking for details, it sounds like he's just concerned and wants to know where you are in case he needs to get ahold of you in case of emergency.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• If you have nothing to hide, just tell him and let him care about you
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010