bleeding- I am scarred! adult content

Okay so I am scarred today. TMI but I went to go pee and when I wiped there was light rust colored blood...... I called the doctor but he said since we know it's not ectopic we still need to wait till Friday for our scheduled ultrasound. Since we wont see anything different yet. So I asked him what he thought and he said he didn't know. But 1 in 5 women have spotting. I know this- I spotted f (almost full period) with both my DD's but I spotted from the beginning with them. I am 5 weeks and am having my first spotting now. He said I only need to call back if it gets to be heavy bleeding.I am so scarred! I dont want anything to happen to our baby.

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 1:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• slight spotting can be normal...try to relax and monitor for further bleeding...If you are really concerned go to the ER or urgent care.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i'm sorry! try not to worry! heavy bleeding or really bad cramps is when you should be concerned. since you have spotted with your other children, thats probably all this is!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Sorry to hear that. Hope things get better.
    teddybear3163

Answer by teddybear3163 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Try not to stress, that will not help anything at all. Stay calm relax. It is probably nothing. My aunt did that and everything was fine. Could also be a sign of UTI or bladder infection.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Listen to your doctor. Relax, drink a lot of water. I'm so sorry - I bled a lot through my last pregnant (previa), and I was in a constant state of worry. I rented a good fetal monitor, it eased my mind.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Drink lots of fluids and put your feet up today. There really is nothing you can do at 5 weeks. I hope baby is ok. Think happy thoughts!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• rest and take care. stress can make this situation worse, so dont freak out, just stay calm. hope that nothing will happen,, rest til ur appointment.gl!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2010