Wil things get better???

I am going nuts with money troubles. We got into some credit card debt---dumb I know, lesson learned. We've not used our cards in years but things are so tight bills are being paid late or not at all. Every year when we do our taxes we pay some more off but things still add up. We are months behind on our bills so it seems when we are making steady money it all goes to paying off back debt. In a year hubby will be making more but till then...we are screwed. If I could find a job to do at home that would be great but you never know what is actually a real job or a scam...I can't work with the kids and feel so helpless!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I feel exactly the same way. I mean I could have written that myself. I would LOVE to find something to be able to do at home.
    mama2my2girls

Answer by mama2my2girls at 1:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You can only do what you can. Try you best to pay a little each month. I have 2 maxed out credit cards. Plus another with some charges on it. No matter how hard I try, I can't quit using them. I even quit carrying them for a while. Most of mine is from paying bills since I've only been working a couple days a week since I had DD. I am going back to almost fulltime about 35 hours a week in a week or so and I hope to pay some bills off. Credit cards are so hard to break!!
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We are in the same exact situation.... I'm sorry Mama... :o( I hope things get better for you soon.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• work from home ideas: babysitting, can you make something and sell it
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I know.It's a helpless feeling.But...you can do things on the side...babysitting,cleaning friends houses.Ask around.You might be surprised.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• And yes...things have a way of working out.Take care!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Have you considered babysitting, even if it's just 1 child you could bring in a few hundred a week. It's worth thinking about esp. if you like kids.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Things are going to get WORST before they even get better. I know our government will like to say otherwise, but it's not true!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• maybe if you have hobbie that you like doing like kniting or sewing you can sell the stuff you do for some money or if you like scarpbooking if your kids are old enough to things on there own or old enough to just play video games then you can do scrapbooks for poeple & get money for it
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You could try a credit counseling center. When I was struggling, several years back, I joined Consumer Credit Counseling. I was able to combine all my debts, and make one monthly payment. It took me a couple of years to pay everything back, but it was worth it. The good thing is, once you join, your creditors can no longer bug you, they have to speak to the service.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010