Ok, I am new to Cafe Mom! How do I meet other great moms? Chat?

PRbyShea623

Asked by PRbyShea623 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

Level 2 (-4 Credits)
  • You join groups, make posts, and join in on coversations. Find someone that you might like. See if you can read their page. If you like them. Send them an invite to be your freind. Then you can chat on your Meebo with them and send emails.
    I'm Elly by the way. Welcome to cafemom! I'm married with two children.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Welcome!!! I am dancer! I have been here about 2 years!! I live in Illinois. I am trained as a paramedic also I am a cna and a cma (certified nursing assistant and certified medical assistant). Tell me about u!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have been on for a few weeks now and really haven't found anyone to add to a friends list.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Join groups!
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Join groups and send a message to moms you feel you have something in common with. Do a mom search. Look at the welcome posts in the Newcomber's Club. Leave chatterbox messages for moms.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• In addition to meebo, which lets you chat with your friends list, every group has a chat room though not all use them and you have to be a member of the group to get in. Click the groups tab. In the blue groups box to the right under explore groups is a link for active chats. That will say which public groups have a chat currently open. Newcomers club has a chat going 24/7.

Groups and Profile games are the easiest way to find friends. However if you are looking for specific things like place or kids' ages you can hover over the moms tab and choose mom search and break down your search by what you are looking for.

if you are the type of person who just enjoys chatting people up, clicking the mom tab will take you to a bunch of cool lists. Moms Like me, Moms who live by me, birthdays, new babies, CM anniversaries and a couple others .

You can also add the moms like me widget found in widget directory under the home tab
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Check out other members profiles when you can especially when you find something in common with them in what they post.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• There is a 24 hour chat group on here. I never felt very welcome in there but you might have better luck. Look under groups. Find one that interests you and join. I find I spend most of my time on CM here at Answers. Friend people you meet and like or have thing in common with. :D
    stweshjali

Answer by stweshjali at 7:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010