How do you handle the emotionals?

I am currently waiting for my 26th cycle of TTC'ing to begin. There have been many challenges and emotions throughout this process. My loving and caring husband as helped me through each of them as I have helped him understand what is going on. BUT lately it seems that my feelings of desperation and complete failure are starting to reach the overwhelming point. How do you tackle these feelings and return the hopeful outlook that is necessary to keep trying? (On my profile page there is a complete history of my journey if you want more information)

LorisBaby

Asked by LorisBaby at 1:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I bumped you because not sure what TTC is.!!!!!
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• TTC is trying to Conceive.....
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 1:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• sorry meant to answer....we Have been trying 9 years now and it never gets any easier....I have learned to deal with my emotions the best way I know how....feel bad for an hour or so, maybe even cry but then I get back up and keep moving and pray and hope that one day I will hold that baby in my arms.
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 1:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I just read you page. You have been thru a lot. :( I have had 3 miscarriages, but fortunately get pregnant easily. I saw your progesterone was low early in your journey. Are you doing progesterone 2DPO? I have had really good luck with it. Had both of my boys by using it. As for how to deal with the emotions.... I cried alot. Avoided newborns like the plague. Too painful. I journaled a lot. Got massages. Forced myself to read everything things that were not fertility related to relax. Try to take time for yourself and force yourself relax. Its not good for your health to have your cortisol hormones running as high as your's probably have been, so finding outlets for your frustrations and sadness is really important. Best wishes to you on your journey.

And as a side note.... have your considered a gestational carrier? That was our next step had we miscarried again. We had a friend who wanted to carry for us
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It can be so difficult and each period can seem like a miscarriage. I just read this week on WebMD that stress and worry decreases fertility. So now you can blame yourself for that too:(

There are things you can do that will help. If you chart your temps every day it will help you understand your cycle and what's going on with your body. You will know when to expect your period (to the day). You will also know when you are pregnant. This is how we used to be able to tell we were pregnant before home pregnancy tests.

Learn at least one public and one private stress reduction technique. My public one is deep breathing and my private one is meditation. Practice these every day until you can get the relaxation response going easily. There are guided meditations online and on YouTube that can help.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Read all you can about fertility so you make sure you are doing things right and you make informed decisions when you go to the doctor. There may be simple things you can do to get pregnant. The way I could get pregnant was to take the pill for a few months and then go off of it. I could then get pregnant right away. I didn't read your page so you may have already tried the simple things. I had 3 miscarriages but got pregnant soon after 2 of them with my second and third son.

Doctors don't know everything. I was told I would never get pregnant. I had 6 pregnancies and 3 births. Doctors recommended surgeries I didn't need.

It can be helpful to get a dog or cat, do volunteer work, get involved with hobbies, and do other things to fill your life.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• (((HUGS))) it was hard for me to not be emotional....my sister could not have kids but me and our brother have 4 each, he lost his 4 to the state.Which made her more upset about her not having kids and he could. anyway I have been through her ordeal with her and when she was thinking of adoption she refused to have an open one.. so there was a time where she just had to accept things as they are and walk away from the dream of a baby. she realizes she has plenty of neices and nephews to help parent. It was hard and sometimes it is still hard for her. Even though the dream gets pushed to the back burner it is always there. I really do not know what advice I can give other then I am amazed at your strength and really hope you can have that dream of being a parent one day.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010