What can I feed a 1 yr old who has just stopped eating... well not totally but she is not eating much @ all!

bowiegirl

Asked by bowiegirl at 12:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Whatever she wants to eat. Just put things in front of her. She will eat when she wants to. They go through fases where they do this. Mine is 18 months and she still does it from time to time.
    Regina0811

Answer by Regina0811 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• maybe yogurt or something that is sweet but healthy
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• papaya cantalope apples soybeans brocolii ice cream brown rice bologna sandwiches mashpotatoes pinto beans with cream cheese avacados pasta strawberries grapes just becareful with grapes
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• when you go to the store do you take her with you? even if you dont buy things that look interesting to her. some children only want to eat it because it has dora or spongebob on it. it usually works. i know that small children love raisins i have a 3 yr old now but when she was 1 that was all i could get her to eat, that and salads.
    mother_of_52008

Answer by mother_of_52008 at 4:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• They all go through this... My daughter did.. Just don't get upset with her.. She will sense this and then she'll get upset.. This is what I use to do.. I'd put her food on the highchair and if she pushed it away I would say, Mommy is hungry can you feed me? She would do it.. Then i would say let's see how Kerry can feed herself like a big girl.. She would feed herself and feed me.. It worked.. Maybe try this..
    kerrysmom

Answer by kerrysmom at 12:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Foods to give them.. Anything soft.. I wouldn't give grapes, raisins or anything that they can choke on.. Get some pasta.. They have the letters, rings even rigatoni.. This is filling and she might enjoy it..
    kerrysmom

Answer by kerrysmom at 12:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Welcome to toddlerhood. They go through spurts where they barely eat anything. The most you can do is keep offering food at mealtimes and he'll eat when he wants to.
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 12:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• dont freak. some kids do that. they won't eat much for a few days then pig out for a few. its normal.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• She may be getting ready to go through a growth spurt...and usually just before that they stop eating and then go full force like horses...if it doesn't stop chances are when your babe gets hungry they will eat...they have that basic instinct.
    AbbysMom059

Answer by AbbysMom059 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2008