Do kids in Headstart/preschool need to take a backpack?!

my youngest is 3 and will be starting headstart in 2 weeks, I'm a little tight on money and don't know if she actually needs a backpack or just a lunch pail. Is she actually gonna need a backpack though?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 1:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The children in our HeadStart do need backpacks and that is it besides a change of clothes. If you like I will send you a gift card so you can buy one. Just let me know through a message.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Our headstart told us no backpacks, and we did not need to supply a change of clothes. This was for a half day Headstart class.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• mine starts the prek program at our school this year and she does need a backpack. but she never went to head start so i dont know about that one.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My son's preschool does require a backpack. They put their art work and any announcements in it. If they go all day...they might need a lunch box. My son's preschool you have to pack their lunch b/c it is not provided. It is a private preschool.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• you should ask.... each program is different
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• A backpack is a good idea. Salvation Army in our area helps families that need them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'd think so.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010