How do i get my child to stay asleep?

when i put my 11 week old asleep at night it is this extremely frustrating cycle of him falling asleep and then one of two things happens. he either wakes up the second i put him in his crib or he wakes up in 15-20 minutes. it's getting to the point where he won't sleep in anything except his bouncer or his swing. is it okay for him to always sleep in either of the two or is there anything i can do to help him sleep in his crib?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hi, my son slept in his car seat until he was 4 weeks old.. my dr said her son slept in his til he was 4 months old... not sure her reason why, but my son had reflux and keeping the fluid down was the reason for it.. since then, he's been sleeping in his crib, and sleeps about 12 hours.. he has a nightly routine.. and it varies from other moms.. we start by giving him a bath, and then a baby massage ( we took a special class) and then he's dressed for bed, i either nurse him, or daddy feeds him a pumped bottle, depending on who isnt currently busy doing something else. and then he's burped and then we rock and read a story, and then we put him on his tummy, and that lasts about 2hrs, then i roll him over on his back when i go to bed. Works like a charm
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• also after we put him into bed, we give him a paci and he spits it out or we take it away after 15 min. we make a few trips in to pat him on his back and get him to la la land.. dont want you to think he's out and thats it.. but we make a few trips, but usually after about a half hour, he's down for the count til about 7am. Good luck... but try tummy down for a bit.. and then roll him over when you go to sleep. i am so glad we do this, because when he was in his car seat, i slept with him in the living room. My bf is the breadwinner in our family and i didnt want him to lose sleep, so now that patrick is in his crib, we are all happier
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2008