Did you wear your mom's wedding dress?

I'm wearing my future mother-in-law's wedding dress at my wedding. Just curious if very many others wear their mom's or mother-in-law's wedding dress when they get married?

katinthehat8914

Asked by katinthehat8914 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no way.... I wanted a new one, to symbolize our marriage but thats just me. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• nope- my grandma bought me my own
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I didnt, my mother's wedding dress is so beautiful, however I couldn't wear it since she was skinnier than me when she got married, I couldnt fit in her dress, lol..!

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 2:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I didn't my mother and my father just got married at the court house because she is atheist or at least was.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Hell no. I don't know whatever happened to the dress my mother first got married in, or what it looked like. Her second wedding dress was an UGLY periwinkle lace thing that could have fit three of me in it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• So she didn't have a dress.
    Misteh

• Sadly no, it was destroyed in a house fire when I was a child. I have a few pictures of what it looked like and had Priscilla of Boston re-create the dress and the head piece. I have it in storage for my daughter, daughter in law, or some other close person to wear. My dd did not have a big wedding, she wanted the money I had saved for her wedding to put a down payment on a new house.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 2:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No. When she married my dad, she did it in jeans in the courthouse. When she married my step dad 10 years ago she wore this frilly, lacy, long sleeved thing. Beautiful on her and totally her style, not really me though. I got my own. I also let my best friend (more like a sister than just a friend to me) wear it on her wedding day too. It's currently in her closet for whoever wants to wear it next. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• no my mom didn't really have a wedding dress. She wore this dressy shirt that looked like the material of a wedding dress then she wore a black skirt she got married in a court house. Not sure why it was her first wedding and everything, but she got married in a court house. A friend from church bought mine for me. The regular price on it was for 1,000.00, but it was on sale for 299.00. Although the vail that mached it you had to buy seperately for another 200.00 (they were so much becasue of all the sequences on them). I didn't like the vail anyway so I didn't buy it I just had my friend that bought me the dress make me a vail.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No, for two reasons...I was two sizes too big for it and she and my Father ended up divorced.
    NaturalMomma219

Answer by NaturalMomma219 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010