Do You Like to Cook or Just Cook to Feed the Family?

I cooked for the first 30yrs of our marriage, and one day my S/O said as I was now throwing things together, if you shop , and clean up, I'll cook. It was like an answer from heaven for me he has been cooking ever since. He watches the food channels and puts out a dish just as fancy, puts mine to shame. So NO like I do not feed my family any more, or cook, I hate to cook, I'll clean up any day. Now he even helps me shop because he wants certain things sometimes, no problemwith that either. As for the scarcastic lady & her and remark on another post, yes he still wears his big boy pants. The Marines gave them back when he came home fr Viet Nam.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Its funny, I love to cook and I'm a great cook. But, after 17 years of cooking everyday I'm tired. I get no help. I do the shopping, the cooking, the cleaning up and get the backlash. Every night someone has something sarcastic to say about dinner. My husband is always at the top of that list...he gets pissed off if I didn't warm up the plate... WTF... this isn't the damn Rainbow Room. I think if the peeps in my house actually appreciated my cooking I would be thrilled to do the shopping, the cooking and the clean up!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I like to cook most days. Some days I only cook to feed the family. I hate cleaning up everyday. I never get help lol.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I don't like to cook but I do it with a smile on my face. My kids got to eat it is a lot better ans cheaper then going out. My husband cooks sometimes. He can only cook certain things good.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• well, that worked out well for you!! I like to cook, but wouldn't mind to share the responsibility!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I love to cook most of the time. I hate cleaning up!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I love to cook, however I dont enjoy doing it every single day, some days I only cook to feed the family.
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 2:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have grown to like cooking. But if my husband was willing and good at it... I would sooo let him. I do not think it is unmanly to cook. My dad was the main cook in our house. When I was 8 my mom went to college. She took a full load and worked 40 hours a week, there was no way she could cook for us. My dad was an excellent cook.
    YAY for your hubby! That other poster is just jealous!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Cooking is a big part of my life... And my husband cleans up afterwards so it works out. =)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I love to cook but I hate cooking with a recipe. I'll come up with ideas and try it just to see what it tastes like or if we go somewhere and we really like something we eat I'll try to recreate it without a recipe. I blast the radio, grab a glass of wine and start cooking. Normally my kids end up dancing in the kitchen with me!! I hate cleaning up though!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 2:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I love cooking for someone I feel can appreciate the effort I put into a dish. With just me and the kids on a daily basis, I rarely get that. There are times I put off cooking something big just to avoid the huge mess it would make.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2010