My neighbors were fighting again last night!!!

Itwas terrible.She was getting beat up so bad.My SO is against any cop calling.I couldn't take it anymore,so I went downstairs & called the police.He went to jail.This morning she gave me the cold shoulder because I think she knows I'm the one that called them.I don't think he's out of jail yet.I know I did the right thing.Or could I have done anything different?

bvannkissy

Asked by bvannkissy at 2:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• You did the right thing. You called the police, you tried to protect this woman, you tried to help this woman.

If she chooses to see it differently that's on her. If she's one of those women that still wants a man that beats the crap out of her. That's on her.

Minding your conscience, trying to do what you felt was best, trying to offer help and protection.. Those things are on you.

So really. When you look at in black and white. How can you think that you did anything but "good" or what was right.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• you did do the right thing- I am going through this with my SIL right now. She was so mad at us for sending her BF back to jail. But he shouldn't have laid his hands on her! Anyhow you DID do the right think- you could have just saved her life! Great choice momma!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• u did the right thing. :)
    crystalball06

Answer by crystalball06 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• nope you did the right thing.. even if she doesn't like it. continue to call the cops every time. perhaps one day she'll safe herself because of it.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'm all about saying out of my neighbors business, but I would've call the cops too. That stuff can get out of hand quick and someone could have been killed.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• NO you did the right thing, she could have been dead! i went threw abuse alot in my life starting off with my mother, the my kids father, I know what she is feeling the, some how u feel the need to protect them.......maybe try to make freinds with her she might need a freind right now!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You did the right thing sweetie. Just think, if you were her, you would want someone to stick up for you and stop the beating. I think its very sad that some women have to go through something like that, and then "pretend" to be angry at the person that stood up for her.
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 2:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• you absolutly did the right thing its not always easy calling the cops and to be honest no one likes it but sometimes it has to be done and this girl obviously needs help
    Callens_Momma

Answer by Callens_Momma at 2:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You absolutely did the right thing -- she shouldn't be expecting you to stand by and let it happen! I suppose if she were to get badly hurt, she'd be pissed if nobody called the police. Hopefully she gets the help she needs.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I used to live in an apartment complex. The girl across and below me would get into awful fights with her husband. He would literally chase her around the courtyard while all the neighbors watched. Nobody called the police because she would be right back with him the next day. I didn't intervene until one night she ran to my door for help. It was then I knew she was ready to get help so I took her in, calmed her down, called the police, and helped her while she kicked him out.
    Your neighbor may not be at the point where she is ready to leave him yet. That's why she's upset with you.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2010