What to do?

I'm broke and board lol. What can I do with my dd today it's nice outside but don't know what to do. It needs t0 be some thing free or really cheap. Any ideas ladies?

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All of the above are good ideas. You can also just walk around your block, and show her things. There is a major intersection 2 blocks from our house, and we could easily spend 30 or more minutes just sitting in the grass near the intersection and watching the cars and people go by. Go outside and look for animals! I like to point out cats, dogs, birds, lizards, frogs, etc. It's amazing what wildlife you can find even in an urban neighborhood (tadpoles in gutters, stray kittens behind the dry cleaners, herons near the bayou, etc.) Or look for flowers and let her paw at them. :) And parks don't have to be for kids (with playgrounds and stuff). There is a really nice water fountain/grassy spot in front of a hospital 4 blocks away. Go explore!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Take her to the park. It only cost gas. You can bring snacks and drinks from home.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• parks...the state parks actually were free this weeknd. playgrounds, get into mommy groups at ur place. there are many things...u just have to figure out what u actually are interested in doing.
    crystalball06

Answer by crystalball06 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Go to Bass Pro shop, public park, local school or apartment play ground, play in a creek
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 2:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Sebbiemma, I really like your answer even though we see animals and wildlife all the time because we live in the middle of nowhere, but I didn't specify that. It's still a very good answer
    Liz132

Comment by Liz132 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010