Why Did You Pick The Breed of Dog You Got?

We had 2 Cocker Spaniels before they got old & died (15 yrs each), and we really loved them and missed them. We wanted another dog, but I didn't want any shedding, & I have asthma. So we picked a Cockerpoo this time around, and we just love her to death.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Pets

• We had a Pitbull, we rescued her she at the sheltar and about to get put to sleep in a hour....i knew right then she was the one. She was a great and loyal dog till she died of cacer last year...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Well, I didnt grow up wanting pit bulls.... When I was in vet tech school, I had a roommate. Her dogs accidently had pups.... you know the story! so, I helped raise them, both parents were pits are they were the most fabulous dogs in the world. I slept with them everynight. They wer loyal, loving, etc etc and NOT mean at all! Sooo, they changed my mind about pits and I took one of their puppies! Best choice of my life, she's 5 now and i cant imagne my life without her. It brings tears to my eyes that bad people get ahold of these dogs and some people just dont understand them. I have two now, the older one and a pup. I rescued the pup and nursed him back to health. I love them like my children.... and my children love them too!!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have a classic mutt that I adopted from the pound. She is the best girl in the world. I also have a German Shepherd. I was raised with/by (lol) the GSD breed, they are my fav and I will always have a German Shepherd, can't see my life without one, nor can I see myself without the classic Mutt Pound Puppy :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• she just..showed up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have a stray poodle that I am fostering for a poodle org. She is low shed and allergy friendly and cute but she doesn't like to get brushed grooming is $40 every other month. If you had a poodle that liked being groomed so you could do it yourself then poodles would be great. She is good with toddler grandson, other dogs and cats. Can live 20 years.

Chihuahua, 3 pound birthday present named Taco Bell. Also low shed and allergy. He is just so cute and a lap puppy.

Shepard/lab mix beautiful brindle color with stand up ears. She is about 1 and I just got her a week ago. She is the perfect dog and has been to obedience school. Low maintance. Does eat a lot and have big poops.  

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Its a cockapoo.

Our female lab/shepherd was dumped on us...six weeks old, fed kitten food, pretty poorly cared for.

Our 14 month old Black Russian Terrier was chosen because of their temperament, their working ability, their versatility and their size. He has surpassed any expectations we may have had of him..and then some.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 5:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Have had a number of different types/breeds. The last one we chose was a Great Dane....I love Danes and trust me, NO ONE is gonna mess with your kids with a Dane around...LOL. He died about 3 yrs ago and the one we have now is a Bishorky. We got him because we'd gone to the pet store to see when they were going to have their doggy adoption day and got talking to a gal who worked there. She had him and couldn't keep him so she offered him to us and we took him. He's a real pain at times but we love him.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 6:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I had a cocker spanial that I dearly loved, I got her at the shelter. She died after 15 years and I miss her still. But I love the dogs I have now too. Actually they both picked me. Belle I got at the shelter and she just came right up like she was meant to be with me. With Isis, my uncle's dog got pregnant and my cocker had just died and he thought a new dog would help. So he gave me the choice of any of the pups. I totally fell in love with Isis the minute I saw her but couldn't take her home for a couple weeks. But he forgot to tell my aunt that I wanted her and some other lady came over and she wanted her too and Isis ran off and hid and didn't come back for hours later. When I went over to get her, she came right to me. She is probably the dog I've most bonded with ever.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:08 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I didn't choose my dog, she just sort of happened. She's a chihuahua/terrier mix. Her previous owner didn't want her anymore and threw her out in single digit temps this past Jan. She's such a sweetheart, can't imagine life without her.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 2:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We found our cocker spaniel at the city shelter and had never really considered cockers before, but she is SUCH a good, sweet little dog. WIth our great Pyrenees we wanted a dog that was friendly, but able to guard against coyotes and such as we have a LOT of those out here... the coyotes are a bit overpopulated right now and too bold for my liking.
    VeganMuslimah

Answer by VeganMuslimah at 1:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010