Why would someone put you on her friends list, then block you?

Don't you think she should at least tell you why instead of not saying anything?

bvannkissy

Asked by bvannkissy at 2:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Well, I know that people have requested my friendship and I accepted, then I realized they were homophobes or racist so I blocked them without saying anything. But that is a little different. I wouldn't pay much attention. They probably weren't a real friend but just wanted to nose into your life for a moment.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 2:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have no idea
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Gotta love that. Its happened to me, with no explanation. I just let it go... it is the nature of the beast.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• That happened to me...but I knew why. ;-) She never told me why--but I knew it was because I disagreed with her "rules" and because she knows I think Fox News is disgustingly prejudiced. Oh well.....different strokes for different folks,right?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Maybe so they can be nosey and see your profile. Then blockyou so you can't see them.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Maybe they felt obligated to add you to the friends list and thought you wouldn't know you were blocked? IDK, people do strange things.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• When you block a person, they do not disappear from your friends list. You have to remove them manually.

OP Most of my thoughts have been posted here already. It could be she wanted to see what your profile said or that she thought you could be friends and changed her mind. There is no telling why people do these things.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• How do you know for sure you were blocked? She could also disappear from your friends list because she is now longer a CM member.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2010