is it normal?

ok so im 8 months pregnant and ive suddenly began to have panic attacks. i have moments where breathing just seems impossible and the only way to catch my breath is with cold air directly in my face. Ive only blacked out once. I told my doctor and she didn't even seem to interested. IS it normal to have a lose of breathe during the last trimester?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 3:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure about the breath, but the panic and anxiety attack is normal. This is because the body changing and the increased heart beat. Just take it easy and stay calm, I say this but obviously your body doesn't think so at the time. What you can do, and this was recommended to my sister by a therapist, take a rubber band and place it around your wrist and when ever you feel something coming on snap it to get your mind off of it. I wish you the best, and hope that it all goes away for you!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would talk to another doctor, if yours didn't even want to talk about it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I've started having panic attacks too- it started in my second trimester but has become worse. My doctor as well didn't really seem like it was a big deal. Maybe it's just really common?
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 3:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It is normal to have difficulty breathing in your third trimester. But I've never heard of panic attacks, especially considering you passed out once. Next time you're having problems breathing, stay calm and breath in and out slowly. Just keep in mind this is temporary and you'll be able to breath normally again once the baby is born.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010