Do you eat unhealthy?

I eat unhealthy, and I have met a lot of other moms on here that have agreed with me. What do you think about joining my group to help each other aim for a healthier you? If you are interested www.cafemom.com/group/kimmysweightloss If you are not interested, can you let me know what your experiences have been, and why you hate the idea that i came up with?

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I also want to say that if you can add to discussions, even if you are in great condition, you should join and help me help others and myself.!
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• If you do a good eating plan to look into is the DASH diet. For good foods to eat go to google and type in superfoods.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'm not sure if I would have time to participate in a group, but I recently committed myself to a healthy lifestyle. There was something about my kids turning 5 and 8 this year. It dawned on me that I was never taught how to lead a healthy life when I was a kid, and I wanted to do better for them. I started Slim in 6 and went back on Weight Watchers, as well as joining martial arts classes. Now my husband, both of my kids, and I all are in martial arts classes. I'm also focusing more on cooking at home and making better choices for myself. I've always had my kids eat healthier than I have, and I figure it's about time I start leading by example.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Oh, and I also am reading Eat Right for your Type. I've found that a lot of the foods on my beneficial list are foods that already make me feel good. I'm slowly increasing those and decreasing the foods on my avoid list.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• For the most part I eat fairly healthy. As I get older I realize that being thin and healthy just isn't as easily attained as it was in my 20's and 30's. Of course I have times where I junk out, I refuse to give up junk food all together, but for the most part, i'm a pretty healthy eater. I have an amazing recipe for Cauliflower Tabouli if anyone is interested just send me a PM
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i try so hard to eat healthy and sometimes i do but not all the time it takes a lot of will power to do this and sometimes i just dont have that
    kimmie2116

Answer by kimmie2116 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Age is a metabolism killer. Over 50 you have to work so much harder and eat so much less.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:51 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I think your group is a great idea. More children will be harmed by poor nutrition then being exposed to second hand smoke. Doing something good for your health and your families health my be easier then you think. I take Juice Plus, it's 17 different fruits and vegetables in a capsule or gummy. Not a vitamin at all, it's like juicing only much more convenient. And, the company does a children's health study for kids 4-18. If an adult places an order the child gets an order for free. It might be something to look into to share an easy way to get better nutrition with your group. Let me know if you'd like more info on Juice Plus.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010