Anyone Else ?

My baby girl turns 6 weeks today.. and for the past 2 nights she started sleeping thru the night. (8 straight hours)
I thought I would be SOOOO very happy when she started sleeping all night.. but now I'm sitting here awake.. and sad. I miss getting up with her.. and spending that little bit of alone time with her.
Anybody else sad when yours started sleeping all night.

4xmommy2008

Asked by 4xmommy2008 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i was freaked out!! my daughter started sleeping through the night at about 3 weeks and i was terrified, and now shes 3 months and is sleeping 12 hours. ive been freakin out and also sad too. i know what you mean. they grow so quick and its that feeling of them not needing us as much at that time. but be happy! your baby still needs you, just in different ways. you getting her to sleep for that long is actually a great sign that you are doing a great job as her mommy! so keep up the good work, the sadness will pass
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I wasn't so much as sad as I was worried. I kept getting up in the middle of the night just to check her. I knew she was fine but still I had to check. I think I was more tired the first week she slept through the night then I was when she was up every 3 to 4 or hours. lol! I know its sad but at the same time its so nice to get a full nights rest!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Heh heh heh...now that you've published the sleep schedule, she'll change it. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 1:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• honestly i was not sad, i was overjoyed, because it meant that i could sleep in the same bed as my bf... my son started sleeping in his carseat because he had reflux really bad, so he and i slept in the living room and on the weekends we all slept in our bedroom, now that he's 3 months old, and sleeping in his bed and thru the night.. we are over joyed, because its whats best for him. He has been doing this since he was about 4 weeks old. Be thankful she is sleeping thru the night... cause as you will see, there are alot of moms here, whose babies are not, and they are tired and wishing theirs would go to bed.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• haha sorry no! my son didnt sleep thru the night till he was almost 1 yr. old he would wake up 3 4 times a night and at the time i was in a 1bedroom so i alllwaaayyyss woke up with him! when he started sleeping thru the night i was thankful!!!!

thats all cute u miss waking up with the baby....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• whell sometimes but would i love to be able to spend time with my man agen
    angelgirl437

Answer by angelgirl437 at 7:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I know how you feel! And when my bf gets up with the baby and lets me sleep I get upset because I miss him! lol
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2008