What do yall think about about people who have like three kids one after anther that use medicaid and wic? I know that it bothers me. If u couldnt afford the first one why keep having them? I love children dont get me wrong

bubbaelea22

Asked by bubbaelea22 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yeh i think that is ridiculous...if u cant afford one then you cant afford three...how dumb can ppl be...i think its crazy personally...i know sh*t happens but three mistakes doesnt make any sense to me....i love children to but i dont understand how ppl could be so stupid going about having them.
    sweetistj

Answer by sweetistj at 12:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• In a way yes I agree but I had to go on it after I divorced my husband cause all of a sudden our son wasn't his. Atleast that is what he said. So here I was with one child already and another one on the way. Now you tell me what was I suppose to do. Cause I couldn't get a job cause who would want to hire a 6 month pregnant women. So I did what I had to do for my child
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I understand that . Totally. I am talking about people who just keep having them.
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I can typically understand one child. But it makes me a tad angry when women get their IUD taken out, while being on Medicaid, to intentionally get pregnant. I think government assistance should be "plan b" essentially. I don't think it's right to use Aid as "plan a". You should wait until you can financially support more kids, before you intentionally have more while on Aid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• It aggravates me. I love children and I would have a house full of them if I could afford them, but we can't so we don't. I feel sorry for the kids. I think in a lot of those cases the kid is just another check for them and usually they don't see a penny of it!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I agree...its one thing if you have some unforeseen event happen and you need assistance and already have kids or you are trying to make a better life for your family but need that extra help in the beginning, but it's another to not even TRY to get a job and would rather just have more kids for the government to take care of. I think everyone is talking about those people who grew up in this system and continue it as an adult without wanting or being motivated to get out.
    isabel21

Answer by isabel21 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I am one of those people but it's because my husband's insurance through his job is outrageously expensive for ANYONE in his place of employment. Everyone's situation is different...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Some people use medicaid as supplemental insurance because even with their insurance they can't afford all the doctors bills and things that can come up during a pregnancy. I think it speaks volumes about the problems with health care in this country.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I think that this question is very offensive to people personally not me because my children all have insurance thru thier dad job and of course i breastfeed all of them so no wic needed, but for some people this question is offensive some people may come thru to read this and are in this situition and it would crush them. Everyone can't afford birth control.Don't get me wrong it is a good question but it would offend me if I was in that position. The Lord said be fruitful and multiply he will always make a way to help those who listen and obey him as far as the goverment he put this is order in the new testiment to help those in need. Next time u should really think about what u post before u do it it may hurt someone feelings. I have alot of friends in this position but only to better themselves for the future.
    vmommy3

Answer by vmommy3 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I don't have issues with ppl getting wic or Medicaid. Everyone's situation is different. It's so easy to pass judgement. Take the mother of 3 whose husband died. Or the mother of 3 whose husband left or ran off to create a child with another. How about the mom who left because she was being abused?

WIC is supplemental. Medicaid isn't given to everyone. Some people don't get insurance through their job and still can't get medicaid cuz they make too much. Others get it because there's serious illnesses and medical expenses would be too much. And some get medicaid if their child has a disability--inc. those that can't be noticed by sight--because that is the only thing that will cover TSS workers, mobile therapists, counseling, etc.

I just am not one to judge another and condemn when I know nothing about their life. Only person I'm responsible for is me.
    Triessence

Answer by Triessence at 10:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2008