Does your child get carsick?

My child, Chelsea, gets carsick everytime she steps into my car. I feel real sorry for her.

Chelsea_LeBlanc

Asked by Chelsea_LeBlanc at 4:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I have suffered from motion sickness my whole life. Ironically, I don't get motion sick when I drive. My 17 year old son suffers too. My husband says we are such a bunch of pansies. I think that those who don't suffer from it, can't understand the nightmare it can be. I found that riding in the front seat with the windows open and the air on always helped me. I rarely got sick in my dads truck, but I couldn't ride in the back seat of the caddy. Puke City that was! I preferred to walk the 2 1/2 miles to school than to ride the bus. LOL.... Dramamine was by best friend when I dated a guy with a boat and season tickets to Cedar Point Amusement Park. Stuff made my drowsy as hell but I was felt like a superhero!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My SIL gets car sick unless she drives or, at least, sits up front. Can your daughter sit up front? GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My youngest does and I have suffered from motion sickness my whole life. Maybe if she sits in the front seat with the air vent on her to make sure she stays cool. That or Dramine (sp?), it helped my youngest.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes, my daughter can sit upfront beside me. I've tried that before, but its no use. I feel so sorry for her when she throws up on the way to school every morning.
    Chelsea_LeBlanc

Comment by Chelsea_LeBlanc (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My youngest son, age 13, suffers from motion sickness. If we are going on a long car trip, we give him Dramamine. If we forget and make too many sharp turns, he begins to feel like he's going to throw up. Not a pleasant feeling for him. I notice he does not want to go any rides at an amusement park that go fast.
    Evergreen12

Answer by Evergreen12 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010