does anyones child hate band-aids?

I have a 3yr old that hates band-aids, he just as soon bleed everywhere as to have a bandaid put on him, and he was doing just tht today.

jasonsmommom

Asked by jasonsmommom at 4:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Both of my children like them to a point. My daughter will ask for one and then take it off. I'll put a new one on and she'll take that off too. So I just give up.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have the opposite problem. I have to keep the band-aids up high or else my five year old would use them all up. He loves to wear band-aids, even when there's no cut.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yes my son doesnt like band aids. even if he likes the character. He's 2 so I dont think he understands the band aid is meant to help the boo boo go away. All he knows is he has a painful spot and me or whoever is about to touch it with boogy man hands lol.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My 2 1/2yr old used to hate them until recently. One day we were at my bf's dads house, and she scraped her leg and it was bleeding a little bit. My boyfriends dad got her a regular old bandaid and a few different colored sharpies, and let her "make her own bandaid." It was a huge hit! That was about 2months ago and now anytime she needs a bandaid we do that and she is just fine. She still wont put a plain bandaid, or a character bandaid on, but she will wear ones she colors. Maybe something like that would work for your son?
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• To this day,my daughter,which is 18 now will not wear bandaids because they are sticky. She hates stickers of any kinds. Would never accept stickers from doctors or anyone. Has never put sticker on notebooks. Wont get stickers off fruit or vegetables. Freaks out if anything sticky touchs her. Bless her heart.
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Oh yes!!!! My 2 yr old daughter wants nothing to do with them! Doesn't matter how bad her scrape or anything is...she screams if she has to wear one no matter what character is on it.
    Cassie1028

Answer by Cassie1028 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I ended up puting a gauze on his small cut and wrapping it with an ace bandage to keep it on. He looked like he had a broken foot LOL
    jasonsmommom

Comment by jasonsmommom (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No, he loves them - haha.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010