being walked in on

HI, Its been almost a week since my sona nd his buddt walked in on us my son is still very upset at both of us and wont speak to us, should i force him to share with us his feelings on this or simply let it pass? I feel terrible and understand his anger and embarrassment. Have any of you guys ever have your teen catch you in the act, how did you deal with it

eyesoirish

Asked by eyesoirish at 4:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Wait a minute, he's upset with you? Were you in your bedroom, or on the living room floor? Did you have a reasonable expectation of privacy?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Again?

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/395276/oooops_caught

You are either just talking shit or really need to invest in a lock.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would let it go for now and be ready to talk when he is my son walked in on me and my SO and after a couple weeks he talked to me and I told him the truth and he was uneasy but after a little he was fine again. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• why would he be mad? At that age i'd assume he'd think it was funny...hmmmm
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 5:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Ok good thing I have talked to my kids-and also they show hubby and i grab each other in loving ways and hug and kiss-I wouldnt have jumped up and gave my kid a hug, but heck I dont think my kids would have been pissed at us since we (dh and I) have a loving warm relationship. By the way what age is your son that he is so bothered by this?
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 5:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I feel sorry for your son. I wouldn't have hugged him that probably made it worse and made him very uncomfortable. I would just let it go don't bring it up, let it pass
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would be happy to know that my parents still love each other & can have fun.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I dont know...My dd is 18. I have always told her that my dh and I spend 'alone time' too. We have always locked the door,though.There have been times she has knocked though and 'interupted the moment,so Ive had to tell her to not to after bedtime,and not to knowck even if the light was on. Tough situation. I say let it go. He'll get over it. I think trying to get him to talk about it will only make him even more uncomfortable. Maybe his friends are giving him a tough time about it,but eventually it'll get old.
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree that unless you were in his room or the living room, it was his fault. I walked in on my parents the same way, with a friend, at about 13. We were all embarrassed, but not mad. I would tell him to get over himself. Unless, you haven't talked to him about sex and that stuff. If you haven't had THE TALK, it is now time.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree with PP, location is just for real estate. If you were in your room with the door shut he should at least knock first. Our oldest walked in on hubby and me once, the door was locked, but not shut enought to completely catch. Now, she knocks and waits for an answer. I also have a thing about doing it when there are other kids in the house, but I'm kind of weird like that. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2010