Pregnant and cheerleaden

Im pregnant but im not ready to say anything yet and i don want to let my team down, but is it ok to still cheer if im pregnant? i planned on stopping by basketball season, but by then ill be 6 months.. this sounds really bad because i dont want to kill the baby i also have committmens.. so idk what to do..any suggestions..

Asked by lamar06 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yeh you should probably take it easy if you plan on having a safe old are you? like 17 and in high school? You have to decide whats more important taking care of yourself and your unborn child or cheerleading? the decision should be quite easy...

Answer by sweetistj at 12:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Well me being an teenage mom once I was in the same situition I ran track clean on up till I was 5 months preg but i was just stupid. But if ur body is used to something before getting preg ur body will stay used to it while u are just be very careful ur not very far a long yet so itll be ok.

Answer by vmommy3 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i would ask your doctor

Answer by Patience1 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My friend was 30, pregnant and still cheering. She had to stop at about 4 months I think for safety's sake. But seriously, whats more important, a life or a basketball game?

Answer by Xynyth at 9:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i know nothign about cheering. but i'd advise you to discuss the routine wiht your doctor. he'd be best able to tell you.

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I suppose it depends on what you'll be doing. I would say you probably don't want to do anything that involves you being tossed or thrown in the air. But, you also don't want to be lifting other girls...what can you do then? Probably nothing. Do you want to be a mascot?

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 3:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2008