So i dyed my hair....

It was nice for the first week, now its lightend up and looks like its the color of hot cheetos very bright, I wanna dye it... a dif color but i dont know if the color i want will cover it...ill post pics

this is what it looks like SCARY
bright red, long, goth hair Pictures, Images and Photos

this is what color i want it to be...light red Pictures, Images and Photos

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• you've used/picked three different undertones, which result in three different shades of red: 1) cool red, 2) warm gold/orange, 3)warm red/brown. you won't get #2 with some kind of lifting/stripping/recoloring, and then, it will more than likely still not be 'right'. #3 is your best direction..its a bit darker than your current, with a copper-red/brown base. you might need to 'fill' your hair first, before coloring.

i'd suggest you have a consult with a referred colorist, before doing anything. if you still insist on 'kitchening', you'll at least have an idea of what to look for/use. this would be your safer avenue for advice, as opposed to asking just anyone who works the retail beauty supply. last but not least, take the time to do a fully-timed/processed strand test.
    good luck!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• GOOD LUCK
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You can't lift hair color with hair color so you will need to pick a color at least equal too if not darker than your current shade. With that bright of a color, you will probably need to go 1 level darker. You might be pushing it even for the bottom picture. It looks like its in the 6 range, its hard to judge just on pictures. And espeically hard to judge levels on high pigment shades like you what you have on your hair now.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I dont wanna strip my hair again....if i cant get that color i will go with soemthing like this...Red hair color i luv it Pictures, Images and Photos
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Should wait for a while and go talk to a professional colorist.

Answer by louise2 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• But that is a nice color I think.

Answer by louise2 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Do you have a picture of YOU? Maybe it looks good on you!!! It looks fine on her. ;o) If you really dont like it though, i would also just go have a salon do it. I know its pricey but doing it yourself might not work. I don't think you can get it to go lighter, it won't work but maybe you could go darker..... or strip it.... Hmm... pics?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• ^^^That's what I was about to say^^^ You may have to have the color striped from your hair.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have the one thats on my profile but it dont look lke that no more....looks more bright

DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You will have to strip it...but not to far down on the color scale if you want to go to the strawberry blond. You might be able to achieve the other color option though.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2010