Ok Mom's!!! what is a good way that i can introduce my 2 yr old to potty training?

We just recently brought him a potty and we are trying to figure a way to get him started? For the past few months our 2 year old has been secretly sneaking anywhere private to do his #2.lol what can we do?

Tasha555

Asked by Tasha555 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just start taking him when you go. then maybe set up a schedule. like every hour take him to the potty.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Thanks.. well for the most of my day i am in class. Do you think it will be a good idea for his dad to bring him into the bathroom with him just so that he will get the idea?
    Tasha555

Comment by Tasha555 (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• If you have a man in his life, let him start the show. I let my little boy pee outside and that did the trick.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Any time anyone goes tot he bathroom let him go with you. He will see what you are doing. He may start to imitate you. My daughter has been going into the bathroom with us since she could crawl. She occasionally tries to stand and pee in the toilet like her brothers do. She is 18 months old and has been asking to be changed for about 2 months and has been using the potty on and off for about a month. We aren't anywhere ready to get rid of the diapers yet, but she is doing great.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 10:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My little boy showed no interest in the potty until I got him the Potty time With Elmo DVD. He got a huge kick out of it. We went through a phase where he wanted to sit on the potty, but then he just quit. Im going to give it a little more time and try again. Its a process, eventually he will get it.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 11:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Thanks for the advice guy's..
    Tasha555

Comment by Tasha555 (original poster) at 5:28 AM on Aug. 15, 2010