Can this guy be real?

ok i messaged this guy on facebook b/c he was cute and I liked his profile. We talked and texted each other on the phone for like a week now. So we have met for the past 4 days in a row, went out to eat one time we met at Mcdonalds and I brought my child she played on the playground most of the time he was so sweet to her. Last night I went to his house and he was just too nice he was asking what kinda stuff my child liked (no i didn't take my child their last night) and what movies b/c he was going to get some stuff for her to play with and do when we are there. He told me he wants me and my child in his life. Yes i have checked his name on the internet been through all his friends on FB. I don't know if i am just not use to nice guys b/c i was with a mean guy for a long time or if i am falling for this guy but i have never felt like wanting to be with someone so much....So is this guy to good to be true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I would wait and see but he just sounds like a normal,nice guy. Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• He could very well be a good guy! he seems great! Good luck!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would be careful because there are some guys out there that will say anything to get laid and they go through your children. Since theirs a child involved I would take it slow. You don't want your child to get attached to this person then have them disappear from their life. I can't tell you if this guy is for real since I don't know im or everything you've guys said or done. But I hope he is a good guy for you. Good Luck.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree with mommy_of_two_388.... take it really slow, but I hope he is as good as it seems
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Doesn't sound like you have known him very long and he is someone you met on the Internet. Just be careful. I wouldn't let my daughter around him much. I like the McDonald's thing, keep it public when it comes to your daughter. Get to know him better before you let him get stuff at his house for her. He could be a genuinely nice guy but just play it safe.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree with Cindy18, keep meeting in public places as long as your daugher is involved and I wouldn't have too much contact between the two of them until you've gotten to know him better. It always better to be cautious when there are kids involved. Good luck, though, he really does sound like a great guy. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You need to get to know him very well before you let him in your daughter's life.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my SO has always been awesome with my son because he just loves kids and is a genuinly nice guy...he could definately be for real. do you guys have any mutual friends or did you just find him completely randomly? if you dont know anyone in common, i would be a bit cautious but most guys wont put up much effort for too long just to get sex...there are plenty of girls willing to give it out for free. i'd say if he keeps up the good behavior for a month or so then you may have actually found yourself a good man...good luck hon!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My question to you is why would you take your child with you the first time you meet someone from the internet? It doesn't seem very safe. I was a single mother for years before I met my current husband and my boys NEVER met anyone unless it was serious... Needless to say, they only met my husband. Sure, I dated but never took them on a date or a meeting with me. In my opinion it sends the wrong message to your child.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree be careful but there are nice guys out there believe it or not and he may be one of them. Good luck !!!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2010