im curious as to who..

who really gets a seasonal flu shot?? Yearly?? im just curious... because we never really did. and we never really got the flu or rarely ever got sick..... anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Health

• umm we do as a precationary..... u can get sick so many ways. when i was 5 my mom never got a flu shot and ended up with the flu, well she never took care of it and it turned into phnemona then even ensefalitous (horrible spelling) luckily she survived but i think the risks are enough to get it just to be sure, atleast for the kids
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I get my family the flu shot, my 7 year old has Asthma and the risk the flu poses for her is to high. We wouldn't get it if there wasn't a specific reason to though.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I got it when I was pregnant with my 2 1/2 year old. The health department told me it was standard. I got sooo sick from the flu shot! I will never get one again! I never get the flu.

I have had docs tell me that it's a bunch of bull anyways. There are hundreds of flu viruses and the vaccine only protects against 5 and it's not 100% against those 5.

Healthy adults are at a low risk. If you are elderly, or have a lowered immune system, I'd recommend it but otherwise no.

and I will not be getting my kids vaccinated for it either. The ingredients include some "unsavory" things that I do not agree with. FORMALDEHYDE being one. If it comes in the vials and not the prefilled 1 does syringe, it has MERCURY. and they contain NONOXONYL & OXTOXINOL 9, which are spermicides (WTF is this doing in a vaccine!)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• im currently pregnant and my doc gave me a note to get a flu shot. im not doing it though. who is to say if i would have gotten the flu if i got the shot or not? no one. i havent gotten the flu in like 7years... i havent been seriously sick in like 6.... most people get the flu or start running a fever or get sick after they get the shot shot and why would i want to make myself go through that during pregnancy? if i get sick i get sick, but im not going to take a shot that will normally give me a fever etc.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• my family is Military, we have to by law. my baby has to get all his shots, there is no getting out of it. We cant live with my husband overseas if we are not updated on those things.
    Some countires have some things completely wiped out, so that is why, they dont want Americans coming to them and spreading illnesses. Right now we are in Okinawa, they virtually do not have rabies on the island...so all pets have to have there shots updated.

I got the preggo flu shot when I was pregnant...yes they make one, and they provide them at Naval Hospitals.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i do but iam against it the only reason i get it is cuz i am extremly ill
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My husband got it one year and ended up with the worse case of the flu he has ever had, since then we don't get them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I've never had a flu shot, my DH gets his yearly through his job. I don't even get if for my children. I've only had the flu once (maybe twice) ever.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Never get the flu shot, never will. My kids don't get it either. My hubby has to get it being with the Navy and all......it gives him the flu. No thanks!!

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 8:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I've never gotten one. I have family members that swear by it, but they're elderly, so I'd expect them to get it anyway. My mom said that she got it one year and she thought she was going to die...she got SO sick. I've never had the flu, so I'm not going to subject myself to unnecessary pain and general sickliness. I have a good immune system.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2008