Don't you hate it when some parents say...

"I gave up my life for you"

My Mom used to tell me that and I never understood it. Then why did you have kids if you feel like they ruined your life? I dont feel that way about my kids... Anyway it just bugs me when parents say that to their kids. What do some parents say that you hate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree that is selfish on the parents part!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree with you totally.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My mother said it all the time to me but in reality she never gave up a thing. She just dropped us kids off at my grandmothers and continued on with her life of drinking, partying and sleeping with every guy that crossed her path. I won't see that I gave my life up for my kids but I did give up somethings but I don't regret it and I will never say that to them because it's not a big deal. I would rather have them then what I had then.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree.... I do jokingly say... " I ruined my body for you.... so when you go to the NBA, Mommy gets 5 million, since mMommy had to get 5 stiches." haha my son is only a year old so he doesn't understand but saying I gave my life up for you is extreme
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Are there things in life I gave up for my kids? Yes. Would I ever tell them like that? No way! I feel like your life should change when you have children and to me it is a sign of a truly selfish parent who doesn't change their life at least in some ways.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I did give up my life for my son, and I couldn't be more thrilled with the choice and opportunity!!! How sad that parents need to say mean things to your kids.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my kids are ym life. they gave me the life i have adn are the reason for my life. therefor i couldnt have given up my life for them since they are responsible for the life i am so happy with now.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My kids are my life. Usually young single moms say this. Each kid has a different father. They leave their kids with anyone while they are out running around.

I did my best. People that do their best don't have to say this.

I can do whatever I want to my children, what's it to you. They think about themselves and aren't concerned about the consequences of their actions.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yes cause they make it seem as if u were a mistake but just remember u r a gift from god
    Mrs.Dhindsa

Answer by Mrs.Dhindsa at 6:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My parents had me while my dad was married to his first wife. 18 months later they had my sister, Then got married, Then 18 months later my brother and 2 more with in 3 years. Then after thier 5th child, They got divorced but stay living together. We heard all the time how they stayed together for us kids. It was awful! Still upsets me to say it and I am 40. My dad kicked me out and I have lived on my own since I was 13. Now I am married with 3 kids and I having a nice happy life. My dad know says look how good you turn out I sure raised you well.. What an A@!^#&* !!!! I know just how you feel! I adore my kids and love sharing my life with them and I tell them that all the time!!!
    stweshjali

Answer by stweshjali at 6:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010