Who would the court pick?

Mom who is a live-in nanny or dad who lives with his parents? I don't think his dad would ever fight me for custody so I'm just wondering. Neither of us have any major issues and we live in Texas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not enough information to answer.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I don't know about Texas, but around here it's nearly impossible for the dad to take custody if the mom fights. As long as the people you are a live-in nanny for don't have major issues, you should be just fine. When I considered divorce sevearl years ago I was told unless the mom is on drugs or sleeping around with strange men in and out of the house or abusive she's not got anything to worry about. Good luck!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• that is not enough information for anyone to decide who should have custody.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• What other info is needed?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• In the state of KY the court favors the mother... My nieces(twins) just got arrested for her third DUI (since December) this time they were in the car and she will get my nieces back after another round of rehab... My brother said social services said they are recommending custody go to him but he will for sure have them a year... Last time they said that he got them for 6 weeks and then she got them back...
    Jaxismyheart

Answer by Jaxismyheart at 6:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Placement isn't decided based only on the living arrangements of the parent. There are 100's of factors.

Who makes more money? Whose future has a better outlook? Who has a better support system? Who has a better lawyer? Who makes a better arguement?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• That is so not enough information for anyone to make a decision about. It would be more about who is the most stable environment for the child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• it doesnt just matter where you gus live or work theres many other factors to look at so you would have to put more informmation
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010