How can we pull off a wedding in a week?!!!!!!!

My honey looked at me tonight and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him on his birthday. Which is the 14th of Oct. We will go to the courthouse and sign all the papers and pray that they can do it on the 14th. We will not be telling anyone, we are doing this just for us. The big wedding will come later on down the line. If anyone has any ideas for what what to do after, I would love to hear it. It may be a difficult since we both work and he works 12 hr shifts. Our rings will be very simple and iwill more than likely go buy a nice dress from Macy's or JCPenney.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• awww! how sweet!

not really sure what type of advice you're looking for though :) go have a nice dinner

and don't forget a little sexy something while you're shopping!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• In most states, you can get married right there when and where you get your paperwork. It may cost a little more. My second marraige happened right in the license registration office. We went on our lunch break and went back to work afterwards. We had a nice reception later that weekend, but if it is just for you then you can get it done right in the license and registration office by the Justice of Peace.
    OMETAB.

Answer by OMETAB. at 2:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• craigslist buy everything on there
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would say, since time doesn't permit you both to go anywhere, a good idea would be, go out to eat somewhere you dont' normally eat at ( like some cool resturant) and then get a hotel room with a juquzzi (probly spelled that wrong). and pretend you are somewhere else other than in your town. bring some candles and a sexy outfit and make it a good night. with no tv ofcourse. it doesn't even have to be completley perfect. mine wasn't , in our hotel room my husband passed gas in the juquzzi and a bubble actually came to the top of the water, i laughed so hard that night. it made good memories. lol the simplest things can be fun and memorable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• What are you actually needing "to pull off in a week"?
    Are you just wanting to know what to do after you get married on that day? If so, you got some good advice already. Have a nice quiet dinner, rent a local motel and ......well you know the rest ;)

Good luck to you both. That was really sweet of him.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• ELOPE~~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• wow my SO is on oct. 14th lol ... congratrs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Go somewhere nice for a weekend.And get married somewhere pretty outside.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• my husband and i planned our wedding in a week. We were planning a big wedding in Aug of 2005 but he went into bootcamp for the marines in oct of 04. He graduated on jan 14th of 2005 and on a spur of the moment thing we decided to just get married while he was home before he had to go back for more training. We got married jan 22 and had a real wedding in a church (my mother in law knew the bishop of our church so he helped with the paperwork). we got rings and i even got a wedding dress from davids bridal ($99 sale!). so if you really want to get married in a week it is def possible!! I'm glad we got married when we did cuz our original wedding date aug 18th was a few days after he left for Iraq. So things have a way of happening for a reason.
    twistedangel217

Answer by twistedangel217 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008