do u think u should marry before having kids

should u marry the person u want 2 have kids with then try or do u think it happens if thats gods plans

Mrs.Dhindsa

Asked by Mrs.Dhindsa at 6:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am an old fashioned woman, and YES, get married first, and do not have children until after age 20!

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 6:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'm not married and have a baby girl and 1 on the way with my SO. I really don't think it matters either way.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes,you would be much happier and the kids would be too if you get married first and then have kids. Birth control is absolutely necessary before getting married and before you decide that you can afford to have kids.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i agree with not having kids til after 20....however it's not necessary to be married before having kids. as long as you are in love with the person you have kids with that's all that matters
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Personally I think sex should wait for marriage. If a child is conceived, it will have parents who are so committed to each other that they have taken the extra step of getting it official. Unfortunatly many marriages do not work out, but at least if they are married at the time of the child, a couple (IMO) is showing they are serious about trying to make it work. The ideal situation for any child is to have a mom and a dad who love each other and are committed to their family, IMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It's the ideal way to do it but that's not how it happens sometimes. I'm really glad I never married my kids' dad. He was a total loser and if I would have been married it would have been harder to get out of the relationship. But I wouldn't change the way it happened because my kids are my world and they are wonderful human beings!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Just because you wait to have kids tell you are married. Does not mean you will not get divorced or your DH dies and you will have to take care of the kids alone anyways. So I do not think it matters, Having kids before or after marriage. Depends on the person.

Answer by louise2 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I think parents have responsibilities to children. One is to be married.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i think that it all depends on how you was raised and what you have already been through. i was in an abusive marriage( he cant reproduce tg) got divorced, met my so got an oops pregnacy and have my wonderful dd and i wont get married not for a while bc of what i have gone through. i dont want my so to pay for my exs mistakes..btw i was 19 and a junior in highschool and was married for almost 7 yrs. i dont want to put my dd through anything like that, i went through it when i was little
    shortstuff69

Answer by shortstuff69 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010