would you be pissed if your hubby/so was a stay at home dad and did nothing but play on the computer and leave all the cleaning to you?

btw you are a full time out side the home working mom, and your hubby/so likes to kinda put you down for the way that the house gets cleaned from time to time( ie..he counts how many times you wash the dishes, vacume, ect)

shortstuff69

Asked by shortstuff69 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sorry Charlie, doesn't work that way. You stay home that's your job. Same as any SAHM. That doesn't mean 100% of all chores/cleaning are his..but the vast majority. LOL...My husband just asked if the Work Outside the home Mom does the yard?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yes i do the yard work to
    shortstuff69

Comment by shortstuff69 (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Dh says to kick your DH in the butt and tell him to pull his weight or get a job.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• we had to switch because dh pulled that crap too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i have..alli ask of him is to do the dishes and take out the trash he has probs even doing that...he tries to tell people that his job is taking care of d..everyone corrects him on that. its hard for him to get a job b/c he had a heartattact in june and he is only 38
    shortstuff69

Comment by shortstuff69 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would tell him like I have told mine in the past. If you do not like the way I do things. Do it yourself. Or shut up if you do not want to do it. that shut my DH up quickly. I would tell my DH if he was not cleaning the house but not working to go find a job. Or start cleaning.

Answer by louise2 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• He is playing you. Just because he had a heart attack, does not mean he can not clean. He can take his time cleaning.

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i know.. i am so frustrated with him
    shortstuff69

Comment by shortstuff69 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• oh and he tries to tell me that when i get home its his vacation time from the baby.. i told him it doesnt work that way
    shortstuff69

Comment by shortstuff69 (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• If I wanted to be a single mom I wouldn't have a partner. You are the breadwinner and the caregiver?? He is fucked up.... If his doctor has given him a clean bill of health he can get off his ass and clean the house or get a damn job. Why not forget to pay the internet bill so he has nothing to do???
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2010