Mirena IUC (IUD) Issues?

What I was wondering is has anyone ever gotten a Mirena IUC put in then ended up in the hospital and had to have an emergency surgery to have it removed because it perforated their uterus?

I wanted to know because about 3 years ago I had that issue and wanted to see if there was anyone else that had the same issue!!

Jessiewith3

Asked by Jessiewith3 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Health

• I hope that doesnt happen to me, I just had mine put in today
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 2:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I've actually heard that's kinda common with those. that's why I don't have one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Its been considered a rare issue. The doctor that placed mine said that he did this thing for 30 years and I was the first this had happend to... I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue because I have yet to find anyone!!!
    Jessiewith3

Answer by Jessiewith3 at 2:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• anyone else have any information that would be great!!
    Jessiewith3

Answer by Jessiewith3 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2008