Can I learn to be creative?

I really want to have a creative hobby but I'm not good at anything. What are so good simple projects to start out with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Here is something to get you started- http://www.theribbonretreat.com/custom/free_projects.aspx I made some of the mini clippie hair bows and they were pretty easy and cheap to make.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Start small. Do you have a hobby lobby? They have small craft projects through out the store. Also, search the internet on "How to make _________". Practice does make perfect and over time you will start to have your own ideas and create your own things. Good luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Take a class at JoAnn's or Michaels. I just picked up JoAnn's fall schedule and they have loads of things from Knitting and Crocheting to Cake Decorating and Jewelry Making!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Look around.. What really interests you?! Is cuddling up to a handmade blanket get you? Is it scrapbooking precious memories? Is it making cute bows for kids?
    I say first look around online.. what do you want to look at more? and what seems boring or just too far out there, or maybe too expensive for you to get into (id love to do wood work but cant afford/no room for the machine)

Also 1 hobby will usually branch out a lil... Scrapbooking turns into cardmaking & paper crafts ....
    If you can make a blanket, you can make clothes. bedsheets, and other cool items..

Do what you enjoy most! Not what comes too easy..
    My hobby is Scrapbooking.. Im very slow & it does not come easy to me.. But its what im most proud of..
    Im also trying to learn to sew & would enjoy crochet if i could learn!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree start small! Don't jump into a painting class without trying smaller things like paint by numbers to see if you have a talent for it. Cross- stitch is pretty easy. Get a small kit and see how you like it. Have fun!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I am the same way. I get so intimidated by the people who are so crafty. I've learned though that everyone has to learn. You Tube has some great videos on learning to do just about anything. Take some time, start small and find out what you like. YOu never know what you will discorver :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Ugg... I am the least crafty person I know. And honestly... I don't care. Most of the things I see "crafty" people make look tacky and are cluttering. If I was going to make somehting crafty, it would be crochet scarves or scrapbook because at least it is useful. I tend a garden and decorate my house... that his creative enough for me.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• try knitting ,sewing beading ,rock painting or just drawing
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have found hand embroidery to be fun and not too hard... I've definitely gotten better over this past year that I've done it too... here's some websites I use for inspiration and education :)
    http://www.needlecrafter.com/Stitches/stitches.html?PHPSESSID=75731f209326531f1a98c8f50e1a0776
    http://www.sublimestitching.com/
    http://www.urbanthreads.com/
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i agree with woodwitch...they are very helpful.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010