What should I feed A 13 year old on a car trip if she gets carsick easily?

As in a different question my daughter gets carsick within 30 minutes of driving. What should I feed her?

Chelsea_LeBlanc

Asked by Chelsea_LeBlanc at 7:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• crackers and ginger ale
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• feed her some Dramamine before you leave the house!

food isn't what causes carsickness, it's her brain getting confused about moving. Make sure she doesn't focus on something (such as reading) have her look out the window. Try playing some sort of car trip game for finding cars of certain colors or license plates from different states.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Thats great! Thank you.
    Chelsea_LeBlanc

Comment by Chelsea_LeBlanc (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Nothing!!! Maybe some crackers until you get to the destation. How long is the car trip?
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Dramamine works wonders!!! Looking out the window helps. I don't get carsick too much but sometimes I do , just headaches. Ginger ale and crackers would work as well, or 7-up.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I know I've tried Dramamine it didnt seem to work at all. I gave it to her 1 hour ahead of time.
    Chelsea_LeBlanc

Comment by Chelsea_LeBlanc (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• The car trip will be a 6 hour one from California to Tennessee
    Chelsea_LeBlanc

Comment by Chelsea_LeBlanc (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Do not feed her anything. How fast are you driving? It takes longer then 6 hours to drive from Cali to Tennessee. More like 2 to 3 days.

Answer by louise2 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• wow, I am extremely prone to getting motion sickness and Dramamine works wonders for me.
    Looking out the side windows makes me VERY ILL. I used to sit in the center so I could look out the front window.
    or you could try the Sea Bands that they sell at drug stores, it it supposed to work on pressure points in the wrist.
    I would also suck on mints--for some reason that helped too.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It's only 6 hours from California to Tennessee? You know I was thinking about it and I get more carsick when my stomach is empty but I don't usually throw up when I'm carsick. So maybe just take it easy with the food and maybe you could Extra Strength Dramamine.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010