My two-year-old only tells me she has to go just so she can get out of bed at bedtime. What can I do to change this?

All day long she goes in her diaper. When bed time comes she's suddenly "Mommy I have to potty." I get her out of bed and she just sits there and sing for half the night (she doesn't even go). PLEASE HELP!!!!

vr3star

Asked by vr3star at 7:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ditch the diaper during the day

Let her out of bed to go, but give her a time limit (5 to 10 mins, then it's back to bed)
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 7:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You know something my son was doing that a couple of week's ago. My restroom is downstairs so I thought of a solution why not bring the potty to my bedroom leave a nightlight on and just let him go when he has to go and I get to supervise him =} It work for me. Good Luck
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 7:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Sorry, but that is too cute!! What a character. (can you tell my kids are older now?) Try telling her no more potty until tomorrow. Spend some time reading to her, etc. Say it again. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Make sure she tries to go right before bed. Sounds to me like she is playing on your sympathy.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my son does that too, he will keep making little pee drops in the toilet haha. i just tell him one more try and then we are done and take him to bed. hes potty trained though so he does it when he doesnt want to do something else. i do agree with taking the diaper away all together though.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 8:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• put it in your bedtime routine... bath. restroom. read book. sleep.. or whatever.. Put it about 10minutes before bedtime.. and ask her right before she gets into bed & then tell OK then thats it.. You dont need to go for the rest of the night.. Good Night! :) And make her stay in bed...

I think if she needed to go she would either end up running to the bathroom on her own & going ASAP in a rush to not pee on herself.. or she is going to pee in her room which may teach her about going potty before bedtime..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010