feeding issues

my LO stayed at my aunts house from saturday evening to today around 7 and i breastfeed but the whole time she was there she was feed formula because it was a last minute thing and i did not have a pump handy. my aunt lives over an hour away so i could not go visit. but ever since she got back she has been fussy at the breast but takes a bottle just fine. i tried nursing her but didnt want to eat and was really fussy, then i gave her formula she took it with no problem. im just curious if she is out of sync or something and will she get back to nursing ok? i DO NOT want to give up bf. help please!!

genuinely_real

Asked by genuinely_real at 2:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is a case of nipple preference. The way to beat it is to dump the bottles entirely.

Drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group. We've helped other moms through this.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would just not give her the formula and keep offering her the breast eventually she will get hungry enough to take it I mean babies will not starve themselves and eventually she will get back on track.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 4:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Bottle feeding is easier work for baby who only has to control the flow, not strip the nipple. So, it's no wonder that baby prefers the ease of bottle feeding. If you want to continue to nurse, i'd suggest not using anything else to pacify her but your breasts.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 8:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• thanks everone for your help. and i just noticed i put that she is 7 i meant to put weeks after that.
    genuinely_real

Answer by genuinely_real at 9:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• nipple preference, NO MORE BOTTLES, its her will against yours nurse nurse nurse and refuse bottles, they won't starve themselves!
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/baby/back-to-breast.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2008