Why can't I make the good choice?

We go out for lunch and I pick a healthy option in my head before we get there so I won't be tempted and I can lose this muffin top...

But something happens to my brain by the time the waitress comes to take my order.... and I get my favorite (most fattening) thing on the menu.

Now I feel digusting, fat, and greazy..... =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Do not go out to dinner.

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yup. I hear ya.............. if you know the name of the healthy item don't even look at the menu. Ask for water right away and start drinking it. Sometimes that helps me stifle a growling stomach. Just ideas. Don't sabotage yourself! You can do it!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• HUH I know how that can go. You know what I do when I got to the restaurant. Which is maybe 1once a week. I ask for a salad first just to help me get full faster I order what I know I want to eat which it noting healthy; but since I eat healthy all the time at home I get to eat unhealthy lol. When your main meal get to the table ask your waitress for a to go box eat half take the other half home.
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 7:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Eat half and save half or up your exercise if you want to enjoy the less than healthy foods. We went to Macaroni Grill last weekend-had not been in awhile. They now list calorie content for all meals on the menu. Took the wind right out of our sails- we ended up altering our orders, big time. Frankly, I could have made much better at home. Next time I'll order my fave and eat half-I usually do anyway, and the calorie content will be roughly the same. I think I actually felt guilty ordering the higher calorie dish-like the waitress would be passing judgment- I know, weird.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Don't deprive yourself of anything, but make sure you don't do it all the time. Once a week is fine for an unhealthy choice, but pay attention the rest of the week. You can't say well today i can, and if I eat something unhealthy tomorrow it should be fine because you get in your mind set of well so long as I don't the day after it's okay, but the day after often never comes. If you want or are looking for support I off you to join http://www.cafemom.com/group/111570 it's free, harmless and may actually help you make a better choice, or just maybe a different one! I hope to see you there, i have 6 lonely woman who want you there as much as they want to be!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Changing our habits and lifestyles isn't easy. I started taking Juice Plus because it is a simple way to get more fruits and vegtables into my diet every day. If you'd like more info contact me. I've lost 19 lbs taking Juice Plus.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010