Do you know how to lose weight?

At www.cafemom.com/group/kimmysweightloss we are working on that question and many other. But, where do you struggle? Is it that you love food, hate exercise, or that you just are not motivated, hate your body, but have learned to live with it? OR have you tried everything and nothing is working for you. I find that I have had a lack of support.

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Calories in, calories out! simple concept.

Answer by older at 7:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• bumped ya!

Answer by older at 7:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Can't stay motivated. Was addicted to the treadmill at one time and can't seem to get that motivation back.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I am training to run Iron Man so all of my weightloss goals have been met so far and will continue to be with it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have a heart condition that does not allow me to do cardio.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• burn more calories than you consume.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I love food, I want to loose wieght but am happy with my body, I just know I'd be happier with it if I lost a few. It's hard to stay motivated =(
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• All the above?! :-/
    1. Food: I know how to eat healthy. But I dont know any good recipes that are on my cooking level!
    2. Exercise- I know what to do.. Just get up & move ya body!
    3. I have NO motivation! Im always tired! We get a schedule going. It rains. Its harder & harder to "get back up" ..
    4. If I could have a workout buddy that lived in my town... I think I could lose weight! But me & dh just never hold each other accountable :(
    5. If i could find a personal trainer in my area id get one! (idk the cost, so hopefully in my budget!)
    6. Id love to workout in the gym. but i feel like a D*A** & like everyone is looking at the lost elephant..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I do know how. It just takes persistence, patience and avoiding all the no-no's,
    I have lost about 8 pounds since May....my Dr told me I should lose 15 pounds and eat healthier to lower my cholesterol level and blood pressure. Eat fewer calories and exercise more. Its that simple. ANd it helps to drink more water and take vitamins.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Most of you make it seem easy, so let me ask this, if you know how, what did you need to help you get to your goal?
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010