trying to figure out why my 14 month old who has slept through the night since 8 months is now getting up for 2-3 hours in the middl eof the night to play! how do i break that one?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 8:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would say that it's probably physical growth spurt, intellectual growth spurt, or change in activities. But they all require the same solution. Just leave her in her crib/bed to play by herself. She will eventually get bored and go back to sleep. I just would suggest staying out of her room. My little man thinks it's play time if I go in. If I don't he knows to go back to sleep, because it's pretty boring in the dark. This stage should pass soon enough. Hope that it gets better soon. I am sure you would like to be sleeping too!
    mamahertz

Answer by mamahertz at 10:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• they go through stages...my daughter will be 2 in a few days and will still have nights when she wakes up....growth spurts, hungry, etc....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• One of my twins was doing this (she's 13 mos). I think it's just a phase. I don't pick her up. Don't want to reward the waking up. I do however rub her back sometimes if she starts crying. That is tiring but I know that if I pick her up I will have a bigger problem. She has stuffed animals to play with. I think she stopped doing it. At least she doesn't wake me up anymore! She doesn't cry at night anymore.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It's a phase. Be happy your LO is playing and not crying for you. :)
    All my kids go through it. Just don't go in there, and sooner or later it will pass.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 10:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would try super nanny techniques...check out her book
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2010