Why is it

Some Christians are so quick to call out other Christians who don't agree with them as not being representative of the whole group, or not "real" Christians. And yet, they can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that the actions of a few Muslims is not representative of the entire group?

And further more, they are so quick to point out all the violence and hate in the Koran, but yet turn a blind eye to it in the Bible?

Hypocritical much?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 8:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Religious Debate

• That is a good question
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't limit that to christians.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• you nailed it...hypocrites. How does that verse go?? "why worry about the speck of dust in your brothers eye, when you can't see the plank in your own?" Im sure I got it wrong but something along those lines.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• because some people think that anyone who disagrees with them is wrong..... regardless of their faith. some people just have a 'my way or the highway' approach to life. obviously they're easy to spot so i just ignore them lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Really, UpSheRises, how many times have you heard/seen Pagans saying others aren't really Pagan, they just claim to be? Or so and so isn't a "real" atheist? Etc....
    my2.5boys

Comment by my2.5boys (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I don't know why, "Some Christians are so quick to call out other Christians who don't agree with them as not being representative of the whole group, or not "real" Christians." I guess, just like there are a handful of people in every group who take things to the extreme and use a cause/belief as a platform.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• How does that verse go?? "why worry about the speck of dust in your brothers eye, when you can't see the plank in your own?" Im sure I got it wrong but something along those lines.

Close enough -there are different translations - specks, planks, beams, motes - they all boil down to the same basic idea: "mind your own business, idiot." Pity that's one that gets ignored in favor of picking and choosing ones that let them be jerks and justify it with out of context verses.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• excellent question, bumped.
    I suspect they are happy to count the gay marriage supporters among their numbers, too, when claiming this is a Christian country, or when arguing why their view should prevail.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Of course they're hypocrites, they're "christians".
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 8:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I suspect they are happy to count the gay marriage supporters among their numbers, too, when claiming this is a Christian country, or when arguing why their view should prevail.

Stealing that...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010