memberships at costco

I made my first trip to costco/sams club today it was crazy. is it worth the 50 bucks a year to get a membership at costco/sams club though

natasha86

Asked by natasha86 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• It all depends on how much you use it. For a family my size Sam's Club IS our grocery store LOL so Yes it is worth it for us. You get great deals with their seasonal stuff too.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• if you have enough people in your family then yes...for my DH and me and my 2 year old daughter, not really. We don't eat enough or use enough stuff to go. However, I LOVE it at Christmas....Costco carries the coolest things for little ones that you can't find anywhere else. and great books too. Their cakes are really good as well as their muffins. Just depends on what you are going for.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• so in the next 5 years with 3 boys and myself it would be worth it?
    natasha86

Comment by natasha86 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Our Costco membership is $100 a year and yes it's soooo worth it! We go every other week and buy probably 80% of our groceries there. But I agree with the pp's about the size of your family. A smaller family won't need it as much as ours with 6 people. Oh and their cakes are very very good.
    TJFBGMommy

Answer by TJFBGMommy at 8:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• the gas prices are not bad either there
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 8:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i loved it for diapers, but i was a member at bj's.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• OMG... a Costco Membership is that high? I have a BJ's around the corner and I used to have a free membership from work because the retailer I worked for was in the shopping center. I think membership is $45 or $50 and I have never renewed. My husband would go in there and $300 later my house was stocked for the apocalypse but there wouldn't be anything for dinner. Since the economic collapse we only have about $75 a week for groceries so it is just not worth it for us even though we are a family of 5. I read an article once about Costco and their method of retail... those stores are psychologically laid out to purposely make you over spend. Their marketing is brilliant.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We have a sams club membership and its only 35 a year. We are a family of 4 so I only buy what won't go to waste: snacks, meat that I split up and freeze, tuna, that kind of stuff. For us its worth it
    ashleys2girls

Answer by ashleys2girls at 8:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Costco, yes.

Sam, no

www.wakeupwalmart.com

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• worth is for the diapers and wipes alone
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010