is it true?

i just read that its like a 5 % increased chance of having a girl if your babys heart rate is fast and ours is 171 at 11 weeks .. is this true ? i dont remember my sons heart rate from before lol it was 5 years ago

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 3:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Once again no not true. Heartbeat has nothing to do with it my son stayed at 140 and I am now having a girl she is staying at 143 what you are speaking of it actually and old wives tale. My best friend is having a baby boy and his heartbeat is in the 160's
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• my daughters hearet rate was 169-173 through out the preg. my first child (which was a bo whom we lost) was 143-158. so i personally would say yes. but thats just me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• oh well i know its an old wives tale but i google it and some dr reports came up sayign that it is a 5 % high chance but no promises ya know i just never even heard that i was just wondering
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• well it is possible to be having a little girl, I wish you the best of luck with whichever sex your baby is! when do you find out?
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i find out thanksgiving .. lol .. we are so excited and cant wait lol we both suck at surprises so we cant wait the whole 9 months lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• lol you sound like my husband and myself, I drove him completely nuts doing every old wives tale thing online that I could to help me determine the sex of the baby. Finally the day came and I didn't have to drive either one of us crazy anymore lol
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• lol thats us too he hears something and he wants to look it up lol he is so happy that so far all of them say boy lol except this one lol its so funny and cute at the same time lol i never thought about it with my first lol i just knew he was a boy lol dotn knwo how but i did lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I am having a girl this time and im growin the same way i did with my boy. nothing on the sides. and i wouldn't go by the heart rate thing but thats just me. i don't think i've heard that one anywhere else but cafe mom.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• lol im ten weeks mines 160 i was told the same i cant remember my duaghters she to was 5yrs ago
    libby427

Answer by libby427 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2008