how would you decide where you want to live?

besides jobs, obviously im not going to go where there isnt work....

what are some things you would consider? and lets say you have 20k to work with.....
we plan on moving next summer so we have some time...there are a few places that we would like to go cause either dh and i had lived there b4, but also considering a whole new town and state..... i like to have some sort of plan and not wait till last minute to decided....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i would think about climate, how far away from my family (obviously if you're close to your family you won't want to move too far, but if you have issues or no family then you'll want to move fruther away lol), and most importantly is how big of a home and land i could get for my money
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• The weather has a lot to do with it for me, and geographic conditions. I like moderate summers and winters. Enough of a winter that the bugs don't overrun the place, minimum or no earthquakes, tornadoes, out of control fires, flooding. Taxes should be reasonable, as well as cost of living. Being near family is a bonus.

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• for us we are in the military and we move around alot. we get to choose 3 places we want to live and they will choose the finally desination. but when we are chooseing a place to go we research the areas. the schools. how the cost of living is..even looking at apartments online to get a feel for the area. we will even go as far as calling the local police departments and having them tell us how the area is. calling school and seeing what the average grade is , etc.etc.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 8:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• School district, kid-friendly area (stuff to do, etc.), housing costs/taxes, crime level, available health services (I have a special needs child), number of parks/entertainment venues, average weather and the air quality.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I've lived in a lot of places and i always come back to Portland Or. It is just a beautiful place close to some many fun things. people are so relaxed here. I look at the schools and the crime rate occupation opportunities
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Depends on the weather and the price of things to me. It is cheaper to live in oklahoma and texas. and the weather is good to. Winters are mild. Because of the Army we are in Oklahoma.

Answer by louise2 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Schools, things to do as a family, close to our extended family, weather, local wild life, price of houses, jobs, neighbors
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• When we moved from England to Canada, my dh and I discussed where in Canada we wanted to live.  We had immediately ruled out Quebec and the remote territories so that left us with 9 other provincesto choose from.   We went on-line and did a job search of each province and Ontario is where the automotive industry is located which is my dh's field.  Our parameters were narrowed down even further when my dh landed a job before we even moved.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• well if you plan on moving maybe you can find a new place to live if you have a job to transfer to at a different place
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• When we were an Air Force family, we had no choice. We went where they told us to go.
    NOW, it is where my family is....nowhere else I would want to live.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010