Demographics question

If all the Christians that are in favor of gay marriage are not "real" Christians and they're misguided, doing it wrong, whatever, does that mean they need to be excluded when measuring what portion of the country belongs to the Christian religion and shouldn't count in statistics determining whether or not the majority prescribes to a given faith?

If that's the case, it's time to do some serious revamping on the Census form before they take it again. Those are some major statistical records being fudged every decade if they aren't all "real" Christians and so many of them are really "heretics".

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• what's at issue is the changeable number of Christians, conveniently adjusted for varying occasions and purposes.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• well just like in any faith there are differences. to me, a christian means that you believe that christ is the saviour and you have accepted him as such. there are major differences between alot of the churches within christianity. the people who are spouting off about this one not being a 'real' christian or that one being misguided, etc. are just judging, and if they are themselves 'real' christians they should know better than that. so they will get what's coming to them in the end, but yes, we do have to put up with their bs in the meantime lol. but to answer your question, no i don't think they should exclude anyone or change the census form just because some people have a hissy that others don't agree with them. a christian is someone who has accepted jesus christ as their personal savior. nobody but god knows if they are genuine or not

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I wonder what Jesus would say about the Christianity on display on Cafemom.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Hey i don't care either way. I am a Christian, but not considered one because I research out side the spectrum of the church social. However if they want to exclude me go for it. It will help the other religions in the long run. Because more and more Christians are beginning to have similar concepts that are not exactly on the traditional aspect of Christianity. So the Christians you talk about would have a big slap in the face if that happens because they would realize they have truly become the minority religion.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You do know that the Census doesn't ask about religion. I have never been asked what my religion was except when I was admitted to the ER and that was just in case I died. What does it matter, we live in a country with the freedom of religion, so the only people who really care what the numbers are are those people who question it.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Everyone in any religion makes choices that may or may not be exactully what is written in their worship book (Bible, Koran, etc.) That is like stating someone who is Republican but believes in one thing that mostly Democrats do, null and voids them beign republican.
    as far as the point of being christian or not? There was only one Perfect man on this earth, and that was Jesus himself. If accepting gay marriage is a sin, and that makes you "not christian enough".

jellis

Answer by jellis at 8:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• 1 Corinthians 7:3-5 - "The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."

And this means if I ever in my life have ever masturbated, then I am again, less of a christain?

If you are THAT extreme abotu how perfect you are at your personal beliefs and religion, then you must in fact be a direct decedant of God himself. For noone is that perfect.

I have friends who are gay, married, and I accept it. For I believe my God is a rightous God and a Forgiving God. I will still enjoy the wonder that is Heaven.
    jellis

Answer by jellis at 8:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• If you don''t like what the Bible says, why don't you take it up with God?

When someone points out what it says, people who supposedly don't care about God get all spastic?

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I just see people here not liking what the Bible says and throwing a fit about it.

That's all.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• oooohhhhhh.....nooooooo,

Not the dreaded down vote! For asking what Christ would think of all this! Ha!

be still, my poor, pitter pattering internet heart.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2010