Have you tryed this day care

Hi,

I live in IL and i was wondering if any one had tryed any of these day cares:La Petite Academy ,and Kinder Care and if so could you tell me how good they are?

artzone

Asked by artzone at 8:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I live in MI and worked at a KinderCare. I've also worked at several other centers. I tell everyone it is the actual center not the franchise. All you can do is check them both out, ask LOTS of questions, stop in unannounced at different times throughout several days and go to your state's licensing website and look at any problems that center may have had. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    Mommygoose

Answer by Mommygoose at 8:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My sister worked at a La Petite in UT. She said it was HORRIBLE.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 8:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have also hear bad things about La Petite, this one in Kentucky. I had a co-worker and a boss who worked there before my boss opened her own center, and they both said it was poorly run and managed. BUT, the one in your state could be different. I agree with mommgoose's statement about asking lots of questions, stopping in at different times throughout several days, etc. Maybe even check online and see if there's any reviews for the ones you are looking at. Good luck!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• thanks so much for your opion i just want the best place to put my child i never put my child in a day care before so i was just wondering thanks so much
    artzone

Comment by artzone (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree completely with the first answer. I worked at 2 different KinderCare centers. And they were fabulous, but I went and interviewed at different ones and wouldn't have worked in them, simply due to appearances and the staff. Any day care center simply depends on the staff and how it is run. A name means nothing. You will have to ask a lot of questions and tour it and make your choice that way!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I live in IL too, and can tell you the Bright Horizons childcare centers are good.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• THANKS
    artzone

Comment by artzone (original poster) at 1:03 AM on Aug. 15, 2010