I had a miscarriage on the 10th...

I was only two weeks pregnant. Don't really even know why I took the test, I just had a feeling. I have always had an irregular period. Thinking back, there have been several times where I have been "late" and then had clotting just like this miscarriage. I think I have had many. I am devastated. I have an obgyn appt on Wednesday, but has this happened to anyone else? Numerous miscarriages? or possible ones. This was one of the worst things I have ever gone through. I do already have a 2 year old daughter, so that helps, and I'm thankful I wasn't further along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• are you sure you were pregnant? 2wks? maybe you were further?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• According to the March of Dimes, as many as 50% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage -- most often before a woman misses a menstrual period or even knows she is pregnant.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes I have had 5 miscarriages and 1 ectopic. Its very devastating! Its a huge emotional rollercoaster
    ashleys2girls

Answer by ashleys2girls at 8:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• OP: Yes I am sure. I took two tests, they were positive. I went to the ER, and they confirmed that I was pregnant, about 2 weeks, and miscarried. I only knew for 5 days. I am still devastated.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i have had 2 before my son. sorry to hear about yours...i would think you would be a little further along though...i think the egg doesnt even attach to the wall of the uterus until around the 2nd week.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• She probably means two weeks gestationally but four weeks pregnant some doctors don't count the week after and week of your period, technically you are two weeks pregnant before u concieve.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I am sorry for your loss! I had 2 miscarriages before I had a healthy baby. It is a very hard thing to deal with. I was 8 weeks along and it ended being ectopic, had to have emergency surgery. My doctor said I was probably pregnant with twins because I had a miscarriage 2 weeks before that. It took me a long time to get over that.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i had a miscarriage in 2005, a healthy baby boy in 2006 thanks to being on birth control, a miscarriage in 2007, a miscarriage in 2008, a miscarriage in 2009 and finally getting ready to have our second healthy baby. sometimes they just happen and these are the miscarriages that I "know" about. my ob guarantees that I have had more. I have a hormone deficiency and that was the only way I got preggo with this baby.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 11:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I had a stillborn at 30 weeks.... it's hard at any time I would imagine. Sorry for your loss... :o(
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I had a miscarriage in 2004 and one in 2005. Then I lost my son in 2008 he was stillborn so Im very sorry for your loss and I know how you feel. I am now pregnant with a girl and she has made it farther along than any of the others so stay strong and it will happen when it is supposed to. Good luck to you!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010