Am I guilty? as Obama?

A while back, I participated in helping the needy & homeless in our community side by side with convicted felons who were performing community service. Does that mean that I am guilty of the crimes that the felons were convicted of? Should I stop helping the needy & homeless because felons are there?

When I was 14, I worked for the town that I grew up in and cleaned up the highways and painted guard rails just like the convicted felons who were doing the work as part of their community service work. Am I guilty of of collaboration?

This is ridiculous. McCain is losing the election and now he is so desperate that he is lying and creating drama to avoid dealing with his lack of a plan for our economy!

akhlass

Asked by akhlass at 3:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• In response to the "answers" on this post:
    The level of ignorance around Cafemom never ceases to amaze me. In my daily life, I meet people voting for McCain who base their choice on real facts (we can disagree respectfully.) But here, the rumors are taken as fact, and "anything goes" when someone wishes to badmouth the candidate they don't like.

Obama WILL win in November. He has many thousands of volunteers like myself, working very hard to get his message out. All you bigots and fearmongers who spread hate about him will be pleasantly surprised when the Obama administration, working with a democratic Congress, begins to set things right here in the USA. Anyone remember the prosperity and balanced budget we had under Clinton? Good times are coming!
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 9:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• cheers.. you are a smart woman.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• he actually is an even running but most polls show that he would be voted for
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• .....smeared like peanut butter and jelly....this whole election is a joke.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 3:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• well i disagree with the McCain statement and before u vote for Obama i highly suggest you actually do some research on him.

but i think u should still help. so what there are felons there.... u are helping ur community and thats what matters most, thats more then most can say
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• They can't find anything on him, so they have to try and tie him to other people that may have some shadiness about them. It's sad. It's actually good that they can't find anything bad on him, not all black men have skeletons in their closets, so they should stop trying to put other peoples skeletons on him. just lose the election fair and square McCain!!!!!!
    OMETAB.

Answer by OMETAB. at 3:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• NOT FIND ANYTHING ON HIM? R U STUPID?

HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE HAS BEEN GOING TO A RACISIT CHURCH FOR HOW MANY YEARS?

OR THAT HE WONT WEAR THE AMERICAN FLAG OR PLACE HIS HAND OVER HIS HEART DURING OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM...

THOSE ARE JUST BABY THING

OMETAB, HUNNY DO UR RESEARCH !! AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A "BLACK MAN HAVIN SKELETONS IN HIS CLOSET" IM SURE U WILL BE VOTING FOR HIM OFF THE STRENGTH THAT HE IS JUST BLACK
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• IM SURE U WILL BE VOTING FOR HIM OFF THE STRENGTH THAT HE IS JUST BLACK

ah, the wisdom of the woman who thinks the Dem's VP candidate is "Binden"

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• "McCain is losing the election and now he is so desperate that he is lying and creating drama..."

How ironic...from what I have observed, nine out of ten posts on this site state that the media is responsible for the "lies" and "drama"..and why is it that Obama supporters are so..."passionate"...about defending Obama? Have you met him PERSONALLY?  How do you know that he doesn't aid in criminal activity? I'm NOT defending McCain (I'm not in favor of EITHER presidential candidate), I just wonder how you know that he ISN'T Muslim or aiding and abetting criminal activity or any of the other "unacceptable" accusations that have been made about him?

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 5:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Stretching it abit dont ya think? How about adding all the things that he does do intentionally? Too blind by his magic speeches to know his intentions, we'll find out soon wont we? I hope your family makes less than Forty grand and is a minority so that you can truly enjoy the power of an Obama Presidency. For the rest of us, we'll just find a better Republican candidate to run next time. Enjoy your four years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2008