Obamas America, how is it working for you?

Jobs: Obamanomics has done more than just keep unemployment high during a modest recovery. It may also be keeping high joblessness permanent by raising the costs to businesses of hiring new workers.

This is a very informative article, regarding how the progressive policies are going to cripple the country.
How many other countries now have lower unemployment rates because they are backing away from keynesian stimulus pkgs and moving toward cutting social programs and lowering taxes. Just the opposite of what Obama is doing. He is creating the second great depression.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/543800/201008131907/Jobbed-In-America.aspx

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Is your subject line a PUN...because it's kinda funny in a sad way!! :o)

10% unemployment...the CHANGE he promised, but few were expecting!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Wasn't meant to be
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• How it it working for ME? Its not... I don't benefit from any of his policies (being middle-class and all), and my insurance went up to prepare for the Healthcare plan he's passed. Maybe I'll qualify for some of his programs if we get any poorer due to the tax hike we'll have when all is said-and-done.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'm just holding my breath... what is it now, 80 days... Just holding my breath...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Not working for me at all. How many days is it now before he is out of office?? I plan on holding a BIG party that day.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 9:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

Yep - be interesting to see what happens now that the Dem incumbents are even turning their backs on him to try and get re-elected.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Me personally, no change. Same jobs, income has increased. My portfolio has improved.
    Those around me, not so hot. However, I do not believe that things would be any rosier had the other team been elected.
    We've been on this path for a long, long time.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No more no less than the previous administration's America. It is what it is what it is. I don't expect the next president to make things better either. I think that's the problem. We expect the president to set the morale for the country. It can't happen. We are too divided, too diverse. The politicians know this and enjoy watching the complacency of the American people from their ivory towers.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'm just fine. Thanks for asking.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 9:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010